Nature has been a constant source of valuable resources which have been the essential building blocks of humankind. Mining is an age-old industry, which is constantly producing precious ore, minerals, and other natural resources. With the ample deposits of minerals deep inside the core of the earth, mining companies world over have been excavating new locations. With the level of profit margins generated, this has always been a lucrative investment option for businesses. In past few years, some of the famous names have emerged in mining industry like Austwide. Governments have established stringent rules and regulations for venturing into this industry. Setting up mining plants, conducting excavation and the extraction process has to be done according to the rules only. To learn about such detailed guidelines related to mineral exploration, please visit http://www.abs.gov.au/Mining.
Considering the complexities, responsibility level and scope of work involved, starting up a mining business might look like a daunting task. Here are few guidelines which will make the whole process of entering into mining industry comfortable and convenient.
1. Identifying the product and doing an extensive study on it: You need to establish which mineral or metal you want to produce primarily. This decision can be influenced by the current market rates and trends in the marketplace. You also need to identify the prospective customers for your product and calculate the logistic cost involved to supply the product to the end destination. Scientific and technical expertise is also required to supervise the production process. Therefore that aspect also needs to be considered. There could be certain product-specific rules and regulations which need to be followed. One should ensure that we are in line with the guidelines issued by the government.
2. Identify the target area of produce: This has to be done with the help of geologist. They would guide us to the area of deposits of precious metals and minerals. By going through mining records in the local government office, you can also find out if any past exploration work is done in that area. By establishing the details of another production unit in the area, you can decide the targets to be set and strategize ways to increase your market share slowly.
3. Establishing the plant: Once you have decided the customer base after studying the demand graph, next, you can define the scope and scale of operation. After identifying the level, you can consult a plant designing team to come up with the 3-D elementary layout of how your plant will look like. The machinery and mining equipment is another significant investment. Hence after incorporating that cost in the financial modal, you can do the feasibility and viability study of establishing a plant.
4. Determining the process for proper disposal of waste generated: In the method of mineral extraction, a considerable amount of waste liquid is produced. The dumping site should be chosen based upon the topography of the area. Ideally, there should be multiple reclamation ponds which in turn should flow into a recycling pond about the environmental safety guidelines is very important.
5. The human resources, digging & mining equipment are the essential driving force of a mining plant. Hiring skilled labor with sound mechanical and electrical knowledge is essential. The choice of the digging equipment according to the surface base is very important. By taking guidance of mining expert on this front will save you lot of time, work, and money.